Dip Dwellers

14 August 2008

Ahh, the Joy's of Motherhood...

With the kids away at Aunt April's and Uncle Steve's house, they are spending their week full of hourse back riding and swimming, playing joyfully with their cousins and being perfect angels for my dear and beloved sister and bro. (hee hee) Wayne and I have our "things to do while the kid ain't home" list.

One on my list is the following: CLEAN EMILY'S ROOM

Like really clean it. Not the 9 year old version of "Hey Mom, I cleaned my room!" I mean the, "let's get to gunk of this 9 year old's room." Through it all, it's amazing when you clean your precious little girl's room...the range of emotions you go through. From the lighthearted "awwwhhhs" of finding little devotional notes shared with her cousins. To the pride of seeing her little drawings floating inbetween pages of books and stashed behind the boxes of puzzles. To the "ewwws" of used tissues within the clean tissue box. To the "you gotta be kidding me" of finding garbage and goo at the bottom of a purple bucket filled with Pez dispensers. To Wayne running into the bedroom after me screaming "THIS NOT MY CHILD! THIS IS NOT MY CHILD!" after opening a little tin mailbox full of grass and dead ladybugs. When I showed him, he laughed and says, "That's awesome."

UHG! If that's so awesome,...he can clean John's room. I fear I'll run into a toad or something. Who knows what he'd have stashed away.

...Gotta love these country kids of mine.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home