Dip Dwellers

18 September 2006

30th SURPRISE!!!!!

GREAT job Wayne! ~ You pulled it off!



My approaching 30th birthday was, what seemed to me, nothing of anything significant to my husband nor any other member of my family for that matter. The week before my birthday, I was pitiful they tell me. I was. I'll admit it. My dear mother, sister, and friends had a great and wonderful time laughing about my sulking self behind my back. I was convinced that Wayne forgot my birthday. Usually he says, "Maybe we'll have a couple people over, we'll grill out." or "What would you like to do? Go out to dinner maybe?..." There was nothing....from not one. Everyone was caught up elsewhere. Wayne was full of quotes like, "When will we have time for this?" and "I got to get this furnace in before it gets cold." Mom and Dad were away at the beach and down April's. I know April was busy with clinical and her family. Wayne and John were even gone this week for two days with my family in Delaware to fish. I didn't expect anything, except I was hoping someone would make me a cake. Mom says, "Well, maybe Sunday we can get together and try out my new meat slicer and we'll slice something." I thought, "We'll slice meat. ooookaaay.....She'll probably have cake." Couldn't figure it out. Dalton, however, e-mails me with a "How about I pick you up on Saturday, we'll go for breakfast, do a little shopping for your birthday." Wonderful! D came, picked up me and Emily. And I got to drive her new 5-speed Mustang around town. Apparently, we did a little too much shopping and putzing around. Wayne called, telling me, "Get home because John wasn't letting him "Get stuff done." Which irked me even more because I was enjoying our 'girl' time. I couldn't figure out what John could possibly be doing to drive him crazy? And what was Wayne doing so involved, especially when he's been on vacation all week and knew I had plans? I thought they were doing 'boy' stuff. I guess that was the cue to take me home. We made our way back up the mountain, pull in my driveway, I saw Shawn's truck and thought. "Oh, Shawn's here." And then I turn and saw everyone standing in my back yard. "Surprise!" Well, what do you say? I couldn't talk!...they got me! And they got me good! Wayne, my dear Wayne, was redeemed! He had started planning this over a month ago. Wayne, along with his team of culprits (Mom, April, Dalton, Lee, among others I'm sure) networked with everyone to pull off the most amazing surprise. I had no clue what so ever. I think he invited everyone. People I see everyday, and those I don't get to see enough. The food (complete with mom's sliced ham), the decorations, volleyball, bean bags, horseshoes, the people that put it together, all the kids, everyone and everything was wonderful. All you people are my life! It was perfect...complete with 30 candles on my birthday cake. :)

1 Comments:

  • It was a lot of fun putting one over on you. I know that it wouldn't have taken a lot to please you, but you unknowingly added to the hilarity of it all. The hardest was remembering who was allowed to answer what phone in which house, especially after leaving Greatgrandma in Delaware for April to bring back with her. Love ya, kid. I'm glad you had a good time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home