Dip Dwellers

31 July 2007

First Tooth Loss

The other day when John was talking to me and I noticed his tooth was crooked. I say, "Wait, open up. You have a wiggly tooth!" He says, "Yep!" I asked, "Why didn't you tell me?" He replies, "I don't know." I wondered if he knew himself. So with this new info to go on, John wouldn't leave it alone. He wiggled it for about three days until he made me pull it out. (Yaaaaa-uck!) I told him, "It'll come out when it's ready." He says, "No, I want you to. I'm not scared like Emily." I say, "Wait til Dad comes home." The kid started chasing me around the house with a paper towel after his failed attempts. "Mom, I want you to do it, can you try? Please?" The "please" got to me so I gave it a whirl. And pop it went, he got a new liberty dollar from the Tooth Fairy. Congrats John!